Saturday, October 9, 2021

Time paradox

 Sorry, I could not keep my promise. Part 2 of my previous post, will surface at some point I guess. But not today. Maybe not soon. Instead I will talk about more random thoughts.


What I am feeling this moment is 'longing for a transient moment to last a bit longer, knowing that it won't."

Is it the impossibility, or improbability of it that attracts me to it? I don't really know. The perceived value of transience  is quite high. Not just for me. But it is also ingrained in a country like Japan, where the fleeting cherry blossoms are absolutely revered and enjoyed by all, precisely because of the short life span of a few weeks.  



Yet, 'sakura' (cherry blossoms) may not be the perfect metaphor for my feeling. Since spring is a yearly affair, a falling sakura snowflake also is a promise for the next season. A start of a new period so to speak.

Whereas my feeling does not seem to have the hopefulness and at the same time the mundaneness of a return. Mine is an end of sort. A looking forward with a view of looking back kind of thought.

...

In other news, I have stopped posting on most social media now for a while. Guess I needed the distance. I had almost started to represent something with my thematic posts about my travel experience in Japan. But from the very start, I don't want to sell the brand that is 'Japan'. I only want to coincide, flirt with and interrogate, understand and occasionally be understood by what I believe is the intrinsic core of the country. 

...

I guess the idea of loving something you know will soon disappear can be viewed as wasteful. But I am trying to explore if it is okay to love fully, knowing the blemishes and imperfections, knowing the expiry date, and loving it for that moment. Will the future me still remember, and be able to look back fondly on such a moment?


Maybe I will talk about my struggles with the concept of permanence another time. 

But that's it from me for now.

今日はここまでです。





No comments:

Post a Comment