Monday, October 31, 2011

Lesson 1 - Origin

I had read these lines when I was in school and they never left my mind.

"Men must be taught
As if you taught them not
And things unknown
Proposed as things forgot"
                      - Alexander Pope (from "An essay on criticism")

I have forgotten about them for many months at times, but have always found reasons to come back to them. I want to use this blog as a space for jotting down my thoughts on alternate learning and teaching methods. I want to try and collect data and conduct experiments to support or refute these lines. A big motivation for doing this task is because I come from a society which is severely facing the problems of:
Illiteracy
Sub-standard quality of education
Rote learning
Cut throat competition
Lack of all round development of a child

I will try and write down ideas here which I think can make an effort of solving these problems

No comments:

Post a Comment