Sunday, November 13, 2022

Age and Grace

Life is a long tunnel of questions where every now and then we pass by an answer. Momentarily it lights up our way and then we hit the next crossroad of uncertainty. If you are afraid of darkness, practice closing your eyes, take a deep breath and take a step. 


As I entered the bookstore, I wondered why I was so afraid to feel uncomfortable. Even the imagination of discomfort made me feel uneasy.

And hence I wonder if to age, is to be too afraid to move forward. Too scared to lose the amassed sense of comfort over the years. And to spend time romanticising a past, clutching it tightly,  reminiscing it, even making up memories to fill in some blanks and letting the mind play tricks where necessary.

Is grace the art of cool composure that you gain with the experience of your practiced self-act? to feel comfortable in the knowledge of an image that we call ourselves? Why would we allow ourselves then to be lost, to struggle, to flounder any more? 

Is it appropriate to match the mess that we are on the inside and let it show on the surface? 

Am I allowed to age gracelessly? 

No comments:

Post a Comment