Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Changes to the Existing Education system: some ideas

I had posted this article quite some time back on a different blog where I contribute articles occasionally. But I am adding the link here so that it can remain in my catalogue of thoughts on the current education system.

Click here to read the post.

To summarise I have asked for two additional subjects
India today - Current affairs and discussions on different topics
Innovation - To promote independent thinking and thinking out of the box

In general I wanted to make learning fun, more intuitive and less parrot like in nature.

To all this I would like to add another compulsory subject in schools.
Education and teaching - I know this is an applied subject and that we rarely learn any applied subjects in school, but I think this one can be an exception. There is a dearth of good teachers in our country. And one of the reasons for that is teaching as a profession is hardly made popular. this will ensure that children appreciate the job of a teacher from a young age.
Another reason is it will keep all the teachers refreshed with the basics as well new techniques of teaching.
A subject like this will introduce fundamentals of psychology, philosophy and communication to the children at a younger age.

No comments:

Post a Comment