Sunday, November 13, 2011

Women and technology

I was reading up a bit tonight before I go to the FAT organisation tomorrow. Few different points were raised in the transcripts that I was going through.

  • Actual use of technology as opposed to intended use - can/should this be checked?
  • Penetration of internet in India is only 8%, which is very very low especially for a country which basks in the fame of being an IT country. Lot more scope for Indians to conquer the world (so to speak)
  • Internet democracy - freedom of speech and choice.
  • Policies which are supporting the cause of empowering and educating women.

Few other points, which I did not read there, but was thinking about myself
  • Exposure to other kinds of technology, not just internet technology
  • Concentrating on need based education, and making women more eligible to get jobs
  • Spread confidence, not just the knowledge
  • Discussions on subjects like sex, marriage, children, ego, independence, exploitation, torture etc.
I hope I have a more fruitful discussion about these points tomorrow, and can elaborate about them here.



No comments:

Post a Comment